12 July 2018

July BoxyCharm! feat. Tarte and Dr. Brandt

I am ABSOLUTELY AMAZED by Boxy's shipping to me in Ontario this month! I typically get billed on the 2nd-4th of the month, shipping by around the 10th-12th, and I get it, like... the 29th. :(
BUT FOR JULY, I was billed the 2nd, got shipping the 6th, and received it today, the 12th! Amazing turnaround for a Canadian subscriber like myself.

This month, the box had a couple of variations. Their main item was a topic of much controversy and debate on Instagram and the beauty and subscription communities that I frequent. One variant included a new Crown Cosmetics eyeshadow palette, with a colour scheme not too different from Urban Decay's Naked Heat. The other variation included a full-sized Tarte Ready, Set, Radiant skin mist. Many people argued that a whole palette versus a skincare item that some people wouldn't use regularly in a routine made it extremely unfair. Personally, I love the gamble and mystery, and I prefer skincare items so I was actually hoping for the less popular pick this month!




























And look at that, I got pretty much exactly what I wanted! The eye gel was another variant item, some other subscribers received the new Farmacy Bright On Vitamin C mask. I would have preferred that item myself, but I am also happy for another skincare product to try. I'm quite overstocked with makeup right now, so I'm not sure why I still have a makeup subscription! It's just really fun to try new things..
  • Tarte Ready, Set, Radiant skin mist
  • Note Silk Compact blusher in Desert Rose
  • Chella eyebrow cream 
  • Wander Beauty Unlashed Volume Curl mascara
  • Dr. Brandt No More Baggage eye depuffing gel 
The eyebrow product is interesting, the pomade sits in one end of the stick, while there is a brush on the other end. Great for travel or touchups, I think. It is a "universal" taupe/medium brown shade, and it appears so far to be quite strong and takes a lot to smudge or remove! I love that in a brow product. The blush is a great colour for summer, and I'm going to hold onto the mascara until I finish one that I have open. I actually just started using my Butter London mascara from BoxyCharm's March box this year (which I love, by the way!). 




























What variation did you get this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment