25 June 2018

BoxyCharm, FabFitFun + A Look

Today I received BOTH of my beauty box subscription packages! So naturally I had some fun opening up some new products to try and making a colourful, summery look with my new palette from Alamar Cosmetics.


FabFitFun is a SEASONAL box that typically contains items pertaining to beauty, health, and home. A seasonal subscription will net you a couple of "choices" for products, but the rest will be randomly selected and sent in your box. If you subscribe for an annual membership, for all the seasonal boxes, you can make more choices. Summer 2018 was my first box, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to choose a long subscription, plus I like a little bit of mystery.

My box contained:
  • tarte tarteist™ PRO glow highlight & contour palette
  • Erth TU Y YO Ring
  • Maji Sports Loop Resistance Band
  • Orlando Pita Play Atmos-Shield Hair Protectant Treatment Spray
  • FOREO LUNA! fofo
  • COOLA Classic Face SPF 50 White Tea
  • Pier 1 Imports Marble Ring Dish
  • Wildlife Conservation Society Straw
  • Yumi Kim Makeup Train Case
If you're interested to see some variations, check out the FFF forums or Instagram hashtags like #fabfitfun. 

Overall, I'm very happy. The website says my box is worth $342.99, and I paid $39.99 as I used a $10 off code from the regular price of $49.99. I think it's worth it for the Tarte palette and Foreo fofo alone. I'm not super impressed that I ended up with the resistance band, as that's something I already have at home and I don't think it's as nice as a skincare or bodycare item like many others received in its place. I also already own a Foreo Luna 2 that I ADORE, so I might be able to convince my significant other to use this one - even though it's pink! The ring dish looks amazing on our custom DIY computer desk, and matches the marble tiling I have underneath my keyboard. The ring is comfortable and gorgeous. I still have to give the other items a try.

My only other beauty subscription is from BoxyCharm, which I have had for 7 months now. I love it because it's inexpensive and features full-sized products. My only "complaint" about Boxy is that they seem to have good relationships with a few beauty brands that get repeated .. a lot. I've received so many PUR and Crown items, and they're kind of hit or miss. BUT THIS JUNE 2018 BOX WAS A HUGE HIT FOR ME!

My box contained:


    • Luxie Face Brushes: Luxie Rose Gold Precision Foundation 660 Luxie Rose Gold Tapered Highlighting Face Brush 522 Luxie Rose Gold Duo Fiber Powder Brush 516
    • Battington Monroe Silk Lashes
    • Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Cream (25ml travel size)
    • Alamar Cosmetics Palette
    • Ofra Cosmetics' liquid lipstick in Verona
I actually immediately depotted the eyeshadows because I really don't have the space for any large palettes. The cardboard packaging wasn't my favourite and it was very easy to pop the shadows free from the glue on the cardboard backing. The mattes are SOFT, though, in a way that makes the shadows crack in layers almost immediately. I had to repress 3 matte shades, but no one was lost 😄 I bought some new lash glue earlier in the month in anticipation of receiving this box, but I like to save them for semi-special occasions! 

Here's a look I created today using the Alamar palette, the Tarte highlight & contour, and Verona lipstick. 


What subscriptions do you have? 

No comments:

Post a Comment