18 July 2017

Peach & Lily Peach Slices' Citrus-Honey Aqua Glow Moisturizer - Review

I recently found some users on some makeup and skincare subreddits raving about this moisturizer and had to try it for myself. They had me at "light," "gel texture," and "honey." 

The worst part for me as a Canadian was finding it to purchase. I read reviews from Americans 99% of the time, so when they're like "just go to CVS/Ulta/Walgreens," it's not that simple. I ended up ordering directly from Peach and Lily. So if you're in the US and want to try this, apparently it's in the neighbourhood of $12USD at CVS in the new k-beauty section and there's no reason not to try it! That's a great price for (spoilers) a great product. 

Peach and Lily sent two samples, an essence and ampoule, both which were items I am interested in trying. Shipping to Ontario took about two weeks. which is decent... but the shipping was $17.36USD. Yikes. My other option was just never using it, which I guess is fine, but I was really interested in it.. so I swallowed up that cost and ordered 2 of the moisturizing gels to make it worth the order. 



The scent is nice. It is fragranced as advertised, a mixture of honey and citrus. It's not too overpowering, but it's there if you stick your nose in it. It isn't detectable after application. The texture is a light, clear gel. It is similar to my usual moisturizer from Clinique, the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, but maybe closer in feel to Moisture Surge. It absorbs quickly for me and leaves my face soft and smooth. 

I don't really like the twist off cap, it's small and hard to put back on sometimes. I like things that just pop on and off or pumps, to make my routine quicker and less finicky.

For reference, my skin is normal AF and I don't have too many skin concerns or goals besides maintaining moisture and preventing signs of aging. This is great for my goals and skin-type.

No comments:

Post a Comment