21 June 2017

May/June Empties ✨

I am really bad at hanging onto to empty packages and remembering to take a picture.. somehow it feels a bit unnatural to hoard my garbage for social media? But here are a couple items I've finished up recently and how I felt about them.


Adama Minerals French Rose Clay Hydrating Face Mask - this was only just fine to me. I picked it up at Winner's on a whim, at the time I didn't have another clay mask I was using. It reduced oil after application but didn't do wonders for my skin. The mask feels like a regular clay mask once applied, but when you squeeze it out it's very wiggly like jell-o! It just made me laugh for no reason, so at least it was a joy to use. I would be interested in trying the brand's other masks and some other products.. the deodorants seem interesting!
Overall rating: 2.5/5, wouldn't repurchase. 

HadoLabo Gokujyun Hyaluronic Lotion - my favourite hydrating toner. It's just perfect in every way to me. It lasts forever, it has a nice watery consistency, it absorbs well, it helps with moisture and the rest of my routine. I only didn't buy another one because I order in online and I am deviating from my "holy grail" to try Klairs' Supple Preparation Toner. I'll likely go back to this one after.
Overall rating: 5/5, likely will always have a place in my routine.

OGX Argan Oil of Morocco Penetrating Oil - I just use it on the ends of my hair after showering and before styling. I always use some sort of oil or serum and to me they all work similarly. I like to try new brands and types of oils and serums, so while I liked this I probably won't buy it again any time soon. I'm using RenPure's Coconut Oil Renewing Dry Oil now since this one's gone. 
Overall rating: 3.5/5, worked well enough, but not running to grab a new one immediately. 

Stila Huge Lash Mascara - I really liked this deluxe sample, but at the same time, I have discovered most mascaras will work for me. I mostly just go out of my way to not purchase waterproof and everything else is fair game. Since I'm not picky, I don't repurchase mid-range mascaras. I can buy something that works well for $6 and don't have to shell out $30+. 
Overall rating: 4/5, but too expensive. 

Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara - Now, considering what I just said.. I wouldn't be mad if another sample made its way to me or I was gifted this. It really did go the extra mile and make my lashes look perfectly lengthened and separated.. luxurious, like falsies. This is the only expensive mascara I would love to get again!
Overall rating: 5/5, but I really don't like the price so I'm crying into my new tube of Lash Paradise.

I'm really close to finishing up a couple of cleansers, some small skincare samples from Clinique and GlamGlow, and a Clean & Clear BHA. For makeup, I suspect I'll soon be reporting back about a bb cream, eyeshadow primer, and pencil eyeliner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment