01 December 2014

And now for something completely different!

Snacks!

I went to the Whole Life Expo in Toronto on the 29th. It was mostly for school, but it was for general interest, too. I didn't really like a lot of the businesses and booths there because the expo focuses a lot on "natural wellness," which includes things like self-healing, crystals, auras, and other new age-y things I'm very skeptical about. I'm okay with stuff that's a little "out there" as long as there's some reputable research and studies floating around already, as well as currently being done. Selling rose quartz to someone for $200 and suggesting it will heal their cancer? That's shady as shit. Don't buy that.

There were, however, a lot of businesses that focus on organic food and skincare products (hint: I am blogging about this in the near future!), as well as cooking and nutrition in general. That's more up my alley! I tried these organic, gluten-free, and vegan flavoured kale chips by The Healthy Crunch Company and instantly fell in love. It's a Canadian company and they're doing awesome things for healthy snacks. They're dried at low temperatures so the kale doesn't lose its nutritional value. I would gladly eat this every day and replace BOTH sugary and salty snacks with these. Yeah, they come in both savoury and sweet for every kind of craving.




SUPER HERO. SUPER DUPER DELICIOUS


The cheese one is my absolute favourite. The Monkey Business one is sweetened with cacao nibs and coconut and it's their sweet, dessert-like option. These are their smaller packages, and I got all three for $15, so it's a little pricey. I would love to see these in the grocery stores in big bags in the future, because I would gladly pay for them.

KALE KALE KALE KALE KALE. 

What's your go-to snack? 

No comments:

Post a Comment