15 October 2014

Retail Therapy

I have been so grumpy lately. After school today, I made some dinner and baked some banana bread before taking off to do a little bit of retail therapy. I had one thing in mind at least: a new blow dryer. I've had a little Conair hunk of junk for a few years and probably lost my diffuser attachment after the first use! It was time for something new. I may or may not have ended up with a couple other things.. 



Adama Facemask, Rose Clay for Dry Skin - smells good. I love a good face mask! I'm excited to have a night to pamper myself with this.



Blending Sponge - I've heard the Beauty Blender fuss. I want to give the knock-off a try first, because I'm new to this egg sponge thing.

OPI polishes in Sprung (Mariah Carey, 2013) and What Wizardry Is This? (Wizard of Oz, 2013). I actually put Sprung (left) on immediately, and it's the perfect fall colour. It's hard to capture the colour, it seems very orange and copper in the light sometimes!



NYX HD Primer - I actually wasn't going to buy this one. I had the Revlon Photoready Perfecting primer in my hand because it was on sale for $13, but the spot where the HD primer was said it was $11. I was like, "oh! It has more in it, and it's cheaper, AND I love NYX products." But it was in the wrong spot because I paid $18 for it. Oh, well.

NYX single eyeshadows in Rust, White Pearl, and White (matte, kind of chalky, but not so bad). They were 50% off in Target! Check it out, friends. I still might go and get some more. I saw the Sonia Kashuk 50th anniversary brush set on clearance, too, but stupidly didn't think about grabbing it. So yeah, definitely going back to Target tomorrow.


From left to right: Rust, White Pearl, White


Color Oops - oh yeah. I'm getting tired of my red hair already. I used it, gave myself a tiny lift. It's a bit orange, but I'm happy enough with the results.

Revlon Laser Brillance hair dryer - the thing I set out to buy in the first place! I used it tonight after I did my hair, and I'm happy with it. I would have liked to save up for a GHD or something, maybe wait until Christmastime, but this is nice.

Cosmetics and beauty supplies are my go-to things to buy when I want something new. Not shoes or clothes or anything else. Just things to make me pretty. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment