21 September 2018

FabFitFun Fall 2018 + Add-Ons ☕๐Ÿ‚

Fall 2018 is only my SECOND FabFitFun box I've received, but this is the first season or time that I took advantage of the discounts offered for additional items. 

I guess what typically happens is that "Add-Ons" will go live first for Annual subscribers about a week and a half before the BILL DATE of the box. There are beauty, fitness, fashion, lifestyle, and home items available at HUGE discounts. I'm talking... GlamGlow Supermud that is regularly $75CAD was available for $19USD/~$24CAD. You add whatever you want to your cart, and there is no "checkout" function. There is a day and time that the add-ons are over, and whatever is in your cart will be billed with your box and sent.


 Now, it is a bit of a shitshow. The hot ticket items, like the Mud, sell out very quickly. But the secret to getting the add-ons you want as a Seasonal subscriber is to be quick and have a lot of free time on the last or second last day of the add-ons. I sat and refreshed on the last day for maybe.. 20 minutes. I wasn't staring at the page, I was multi-tasking and having a morning coffee and checking emails and occasionally refreshing to see if anything I wanted was popping up on the page. If you check forums and communities like Reddit's "/r/BeautyBoxes" then you'll know what items are always sold out and you can look out for them (if they're things you want, of course). I managed to snag some of the GlamGlow brand items that were popular that I would NEVER try for full price. I had a hard time deciding what things I wanted otherwise, because there was some nice makeup, skincare, and a purse that tempted me.  


Here's what I decided to add on: 

Cover FX Shimmer Veil - Celestial
GLAMGLOW #GLITTERMASK
GLAMGLOW Supermud
GLAMGLOW Waterburst
NuMe Fashionista Straightner (turquoise)
Sol de Janeiro Aรงaรญ Body Power Cream
Summer & Rose Throw Blanket - Light Grey

Here's what came in my regular box: 

➣ALFRED Teapot
➣Catherine Maladrino Floral Umbrella
➣GROWN ALCHEMIST POLISHING FACIAL EXFOLIANT: Pink Grapefruit & Glucomannan Extract
➣Farmacy Dew It All Total Eye Cream with Echinacea GreenEnvy
➣beautyblender (nude)
➣GLAMGLOW BUBBLESHEET™ OXYGENATING DEEP CLEANSE MASK (2 Pack)
➣Simply Whimsical Set of 2 Tea Towels
➣SKIN&CO Roma Blue in Capri Shower Gel
➣Vince Camuto Luck Tote (Red Desert)

I did pay an extra $10 to also get the ➣6-Piece Crown brush set, because the option was between brushes and the tote and I really liked both.













































I am a skincare hoarder, so I haven't opened all of the items and tried them yet. I am already using a different moisturizer, sponge, body wash, and eye cream.

I did open the GLITTERMASK to try it, and it's so fun and makes my skin feel amazing. I love the smell of the mask. It's vaguely sweet, like licorice root or marshmallow. It doesn't even make that much of a mess, because it peels off in one piece. The Body Power Cream is to DIE FOR. It has microglitter and smells great and really softens the skin. I already have a couple of the CoverFX Shimmer Veils, so I just wanted another colour because they're nice on the eyelid and as a lip topper. I needed a new flat iron desperately, and this one already blows my GHD out of the water. I spent SO MUCH MONEY on my last flat iron, and it didn't hold up or wow me. I have used the teapot every day since I received my box, it's adorable and functional. The blanket is kind of delicate, it's easy to poke little holes through the knit and it sheds a few fuzzies, but it's warm and matches my bedroom well (everything is black and grey). I didn't have an umbrella before, so I put this in my bag since I do a lot of walking at uni. The tea towels are functional and I like that they're a neutral colour and don't have any weird sayings on them (I really hate cutesy stuff that has quotes like, Keep Calm and ______, etc.). I don't have a comment for most of the other stuff, but I'm excited to try everything out. 

Now, even though this box impressed me and I liked my Summer box just as much, I'm not going to stay "subscribed" in the future. I think for someone who really never treats themselves or doesn't have a lot of makeup or skincare or body care, this is a great box to indulge in. But for myself, there's no way I NEEDED the box items or to make extra purchases, and for the add-ons especially.. it's far too tempting and easy to just say to yourself that something is 80% off, so you might as well. I think it's really nice to have a nice teapot and blanket and flat iron, but I would have picked these types of items up eventually from a Marshalls/Winners myself. But having this box subscription, it's a lot of checking your dates.. managing your finances to allow for shopping because it bills all at once.. then getting stuff I don't need or have to have.

FabFitFun has "starter boxes" available for $5 and you can find people online giving those codes out all the time. As I mentioned previously, Reddit's BeautyBoxes community lives for stuff like this and they are always sharing ways to save money or updating on what's going on, sharing spoilers for new seasons, etc. When and if you do decide to subscribe, there are $10 off codes floating around. It's a lovely treat or makes a great gift! 

No comments:

Post a Comment