31 December 2017

First BoxyCharm - December 2017 *Glitz & Glam*

BoxyCharm is my first ever subscription box!

I have wanted to try a beauty box/bag for years. Ipsy seemed like a great one at first but I've also seen a lot of reviews that it kind of lackluster. I found BoxyCharm and for roughly $35CAD and 5 full sized products each month, it seemed like the best option.

The only problem is it's gotten pretty popular and subscribing pretty much immediately puts you on a wait list. Which could take a couple days.. or a few months. I subscribed on October 5th 2017 - I really wanted the October box! - and didn't get off the wait list until December 2nd 2017. I was billed via my credit card on December 5th and the box was shipped on December 19th. I received it on December 29th. Overall, not too bad for shipping times. I am more understanding it took the whole month because it's the holidays/Black Friday had just passed. Post is really slow around this time of year. I would love to be one of those people who regularly get it like a week after it's billed, but I'm also in Canada, so I don't have high hopes that it'll be faster in the future.

The December box theme was "Glitz & Glam" and the products included sparkly items like a metallic liquid lip, highlighter or bronzer, and blush palette.


Products in my box:
❏ Crown Pro Blush Brush
❏ RealHer Blush kit
❏ Tarteist Lash Paint mascara
❏ Beaute Basics Bronzer
❏ Pretty Vulgar My Lips Are Sealed lipstick in shade "Particularly Sophisticated"

Overall, I like the box. I'm happiest to have the lipstick, brush, and a mascara - a mascara is always a good thing to have on hand and most of them will work for me! I like the bronzer though I don't use bronzers often (mostly in the summer), and I like my NARS Laguna and Too Faced Sweetie Pie. The blush kit is my least favourite. The powders are kind of stuff and difficult to get good colour payoff. I have a lot of blushes in my collection already that I like, so I didn't really need to add any more of them.

I will continue to renew this subscription for a couple months just to see how it goes. January 2018 looks okay so far, though I'm not thrilled about the shades in the eyeshadow palette that has been "spoiled" so far.

Do you sub to BoxyCharm or any other boxes?

No comments:

Post a Comment