25 October 2016

Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche - Holiday 2016 Duos

Hello!

I recently scooped up three out of four of the new Amuse Bouche formula duos for the holidays. From Sephora: Swipe on gorgeous lip color for every festive occasion with the Amuse Bouche Lipstick Duo. It features a signature Amuse Bouche shade with a limited-edition, foiled top coat that’s perfect for the holiday season. 

The only time I have used/bought a Bite lipstick was the Bite Beauty Best Bite Remix, from Holiday 2014. They sold 4 High Pigment Lip Pencils in a small red tin. I loved the shade Sable! Those pencils smelled like Earl Grey tea and felt very smooth to apply. I've been meaning to try the new Amuse Bouche lipsticks for months but somehow haven't managed to make it happen. I may be a new convert, however! 

I didn't purchase Sour Cherry/Gold because I wear red lipstick maybe once a year and I'll already nerver used the ones I own. I love red, don't get me wrong, but I seldom find myself reaching for it or finding it appropriate for wherever I'm going. It feels so classy and special, and I'm just not doing special classy lady things ever.


L-R: Fig, Rose Gold, Jam, Opal, Pepper, Bronze

Jam
Opal - I'm dumb because I swatched it after I wiped off Jam. My lips are stained a bit pink from it. 
Fig
Rose Gold
Pepper
Bronze
I might have to get Pepper in a full size, I think it's the most flattering! The lipstick duos are quite tiny - if you've ever received a Bite mini as a point perk from Sephora, it's about that size. I didn't layer to get the intended metallic foiled effect because I didn't want to get the colours mixed. I don't even know if I will use them that way, it seems messy and Bronze and Rose Gold look pretty great on their own to me. 

For Canadians, they are $17 a piece. That's two colours to try, which is nice. I think it's a bit expensive, but it'll be good for anyone who doesn't use up lipsticks, likes minis or samples, and wants to try the formula or brand. 

I've already written my list for Amuse Bouche lipsticks I will be buying: Pepper, Thistle, Taro, and Chai. 

Bite also has a 4 lipstick mini set available for the holidays. 

Have you purchased anything by Bite recently? 

No comments:

Post a Comment