14 November 2014

Lorac Mega Pro; Con of Amazon

One of the first things I should have done to get myself back into blogging was do swatches of the Lorac Mega Pro. Holy Crayola, the hype and drama that surrounded that release! As a Canadian, I was forced to shop only from Amazon. I missed the initial stock, but grabbed one by the 10th of October and paid my $80CAD. Then I started hearing about the terrible packaging, the broken palettes with no hope of being replaced. I was certain I would have my heart broken. I get all my valuable mail sent to my mother's house, so I gave her a call right away and told her to rip into my package as soon as it arrived. It got to her house 5 days before it was due to be delivered, AND IT WAS ALL IN ONE PIECE. Not even a broken mirror or a smushed palette on the edges! It was sent in a bubble envelope with no other protection. There has to be a cosmetic goddess watching over me, right? A couple weeks before this, I received a smashed blush palette from BH. I guess my bad luck run out on that inexpensive product, huh? 

Anyway, I haven't used anything but the Mega Pro since I got it. I love the colour selection and the shadows themselves are very soft and pigmented. There is a bit of fall out, but nothing extreme because it's mostly the matte shadows. It's not like my face is showered in glitter when I'm done, so I'm okay with it. WORTH EVERY PENNY. I know there are tons of swatches online by this point, but I'd be willing to show more if someone was interested. 

Here is a look I've done in the past month with the Mega Pro (and featuring a new lipstick!).



✰ Lorac Mega Pro in shades Camel, Blush, Granite, and Vanilla 
✰ Kat Von D Studded Kiss lipstick in Lovecraft 





No comments:

Post a Comment