29 October 2012

October Favourites +

Wow. The last time I did a favourites was a year ago - last October! It is not that difficult of a thing to do, so I'm disappointed that I don't do it more often. I am so sorry (for anyone who reads and for myself) that I don't update very often. I am juggling my degree/going to classes, working 25 hours every weekend, and working credit hours through the week. It's tough to get to do everything I want to do! I've definitely bought and tried new things in the last little while and planned on posting, but it's all lost on me now. I am going to force myself to post once per week at the very least now! :')


♥ Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain, Lovesick
Perfect. I thought it would be too bright, too fuchsia, but it's a nice cool pink. Very pigmented/ true stain, lasts absolutely hours on me.
♥ Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain, Charm
These swatches had me convinced I needed this colour. I always have trouble finding nudes that work for me. I have a little trouble with application; it isn't as smooth as Lovesick. I like it a lot, anyways! 
♥ St. Ives Hand Cream
A drugstore in my city was closing and they had everything 70% off. This was practically free, and I just grabbed it because my latest Nivea hand cream was just about empty. It's my new favourite. It smells amazing, I can't even describe it - fresh? It isn't greasy, and my hands feel soft. 
♥ Essie Grow Faster
As I've mentioned since the dawn of time, I have a hard time keeping my fingers looking pretty. I am over the nail biting, though the picking and biting my skin is different story. I use this as a clear polish for work and I would say the claim to make nails grow faster is true. I wouldn't really care if it did or didn't, it's still a good clear/base/strengthening polish. 
♥ Avon Skin So Soft Body Lotion w/ Argan 
I like Avon lotions. SSSs are always great. They have a few different ones these days, so I decided to try one. I've used it every day since I got it and no complaints! 
♥ NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream, Amsterdam 
I bought this in January and didn't really wear it after I first got it. I'm a bit shy about lipstick (especially reds and brighter colours) since I'm just in class and at work most of the time and sometimes I notice people will comment and say something stupid like, "why are you wearing makeup?" if I wear lipstick. I decided that I do not care what people think anymore and I will wear my red and bright pink lipsticks proudly. This one lasts a long time, just starts to look flaky and separated once it starts wearing off. 
♥ Hand Candy Primer, Perfecting
My Mark primer ran out and I didn't know what to try next, so I grabbed this one from the drugstore. It's pretty. Totally different consistency than Mark's, but it does make my face quite smooth. I am definitely looking to try something else next time. 

Well, this has been a 3 am post! I am exhausted and barely slept this past week, but I am always wanting to do things I enjoy really late at night... 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment