15 November 2011

Angeles & Stockholm

First, I have 5 followers. This is pretty big because I've had this blog since June and up until the past couple weeks have been doing this for no one. It's awesome that people are actually reading and commenting, so thank you!
Second, I updated the look of this. Again. I get bored easily. Anyways.

I finally have a chance to say a little more about what I got in the mail. I ordered a Kat Von D True Romance eyeshadow palette in Angeles and an NYX soft matte lip cream in Stockholm. Like I already said, the colour of Stockholm is alright but I'm wishing I had chosen something more noticeable because it's quite a nude shade on me. I'm totally in love with the Angeles palette, though, so it balances out!


























From left to right: Venus, Leather, Specimen, Rehab, Peggy, Bukowski, Bellbottom, Morphine.

I'm such a doofus.. you know what I did the second day I had it? Dropped it. Yeah, that crack in Rehab has since broken more and the little section on the right fell out. It just made a little dent in it, but I'm still really upset about it. I was so careful with this and treated it like gold.. I'm just so clumsy.






























I pretty much wanted this palette just for Bellbottom and Venus alone. I love every colour, but I'm super partial to the copper colour. I love the way golds and blues look together. This is seriously just so amazing.. it's shimmery and pigmented and it was actually really inexpensive (on sale for $15 at Sephora.com). I honestly think I would still have bought it, even if it was full price.

Now that I'm looking at it again, I think Peggy is a really great colour, too. The green in it with the flash is so pretty. I don't have any colours like it!

Morphine is kind of annoying, it's the only cream shadow in the palette. It is a pretty irridescent colour, but it's a weird consistency and so hard to not get streaky. I don't have any photos without flash because I'm bad with making use of the lighting in my apartment. There are lots of blogs with photos out there for you to check out if you want more!






















I just want to point out that these lip creams smell like frosting. I spent the first two hours of wearing this wondering who the hell was baking in my college residence.

What are your favourite colour combinations? For looks, in palettes you've seen, etc?

No comments:

Post a Comment