04 June 2018

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna - Summer 2018 BEACH PLEASE Collection

I'm gonna be honest: I didn't really buy into the hype at the release of Fenty Beauty in late 2017. I tried the foundation, but found it was too matte and drying for my skin type. I had a Kilawatt Highlighter, Mean Money/Hu$tla Baby, on my wishlist for a while. I was very close to trying the lip gloss and the Match Stix. But I was never really too excited and nothing grabbed me where I *had* to have it, you know? They were just products I would maybe get around to buying and were probably good.

I flipped when I saw the Summer 2018 products. I almost want to buy one of everything, but settled for two of the Kilawatt Foil Freestyle Highlighter Duos. I purchased Mimosa Sunrise//Sangria Sunset and Sand Castle//Mint'd Mojito. The "Freestyle" in the name implies that they are multi-use products, that are safe for blush, highlight, and eyeshadow. Or whatever else you can imagine and want to experiment with! I've even seen some people scrape a bit off and mix it into primers, lotions, and foundations. The sky is kinda the limit with these gorgeous powders.


The packaging is metallic with a raised, crystalline design. The compact itself is quite large, about the size of my palm, with a mirror. They feel sturdy and luxurious.





Sand Castle and Mint'd Mojito in particular are very creamy and pigmented. They all have great quality, are easy to apply/blend, but Sand Castle in particular blows my mind (the taupe/copper shade).


L-R: Sangria Sunset, Mimosa Sunrise, Mint'd Mojito, Sand Castle.
I'm personally most excited to use the orange and magenta duo for blushes. I have many blushes, from cream sticks to liquids to powders, but nothing quite like these. I used Sangria Sunset as a blush today and I love it. It's bold, it's glittery, it doubles as a blush and highlight. But it's really fun, especially for a summer collection.


Did you get anything from this collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment