15 March 2012

caution

I promise I'm not dead.

I haven't had much to say and I haven't been doing a whole lot new with myself beauty-wise, but I wanted to share a couple quick things! I finally got myself a black shatter/crackle polish - I ordered it from Avon ($3.99 in C7-9) with a new, bright blue (Blue Escape), but that one was backordered. I envisioned the blue under the black and was really excited for that to be the first thing I tried it with, but that didn't work out. I first tried it out over China Glaze Ahoy!, which I unfortunately didn't snap any pictures of. I personally think bright/light colours look best under the black for the contrast, because Ahoy! was a little too deep of a pink for the cracks to really be noticeable. Keeping that in mind, I decided to try this:


























Avon Sunshine, Revlon Guava, and Avon Mosaic Top Coat in black. Neon love! The yellow and black reminds me of caution tape. My other hand has no Quava, just all Sunshine.

The next thing I wanted to say was I decided to whip up a hair mask in the middle of the night last night when I couldn't sleep. I spent a while Googling and seeing what others like and decided to go with this recipe:

  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1 tablespoon mayo
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons honey 
I slapped it on, wrapped a plastic bag around my head, and rinsed off in cold water after about 30 minutes. I went to bed with my hair wet and I didn't put any mousse in it, so it was a bit of a disaster this morning.. but so soft and shiny! I want to try some other things that have been suggested around the blogosphere.. has anyone else ever made their own hair mask? Tell me what you did! 

No comments:

Post a Comment