I'm not 100% about the price because it was a gift, but this site has them for $180. I am not positive, but from what I've seen, the price is similar to the CHI. The difference with the KQC is that it comes with more than just a flat iron - there is a little carrying/storing pouch, a stand/holder (like the ones you see in salons!) and a bottle of KQC Shine Spray. I love it when you buy things and it comes with extra gifts! I used the Shine Spray and I really liked it. It's in an aerosol can and I sort of couldn't tell how much was coming out or if I was getting it where I wanted it on my hair, but the product itself is good. I would compare it to the Mark Salon Straight Shine Spray, except I like the bottle on that one better.
From the site linked to above:
- Professional Styling Iron with Ceramic TOURMALINE technology, plate width 1''
- Produces a dark red color when it reaches the maximum temperature in less than 30 seconds
- Ultra powerful Korean Ceramic Heaters that provides precise and stable temperatures
- Tourmaline ceramic plates and multi-layer ceramic heating elements
- X-Heat generates negative ions to retain hair moisture and reduce frizz
- Far-infrared heat styles faster and softens hair
- Heats up in seconds
- Variable heat settings from 140 to 450 F
- Ergonomic design to straighten, flip or curl hair with a twist of the wrist
- For all hair types
- Creates a shiny, smooth finish
- Professional 360 degree swivel cord to prevent tangling
- AC 110V 60Hz for use in USA/Canada
- One year limited warranty
I've only used it once, but I liked the results. I thought about doing a video (I'm turning into a real blogger now, wow) but I only would if someone seemed interested.
PS Four years and eight months today for Patrick and I! Five years is coming up fast. :)