13 February 2012

a sad story

I never posted about anything I got for Christmas, really, but I did get a CHI flat iron. The only reason you're hearing about it now is because it broke. I guess it happens to a lot of CHI owners; they're just not very well made and they will stop heating up pretty much anytime they want. It was a gift, though, and I was really disappointed because I babied the darn thing. I even travelled with it in bubble wrap and the original box. Also, I hardly used it. I think I straightened all of my hair twice and then used it a couple of other odd times in the > 2 months I had it. It worked so well when it was working properly! I haven't had a nice flat iron in my entire life, and there it was .. and its life was so short. We're sending it in for replacement/repair, but the person who gave it to me didn't want me to go a long time without one, so I was given a KQC Turbo 2 instead.

I'm not 100% about the price because it was a gift, but this site has them for $180. I am not positive, but from what I've seen, the price is similar to the CHI. The difference with the KQC is that it comes with more than just a flat iron - there is a little carrying/storing pouch, a stand/holder (like the ones you see in salons!) and a bottle of KQC Shine Spray. I love it when you buy things and it comes with extra gifts! I used the Shine Spray and I really liked it. It's in an aerosol can and I sort of couldn't tell how much was coming out or if I was getting it where I wanted it on my hair, but the product itself is good. I would compare it to the Mark Salon Straight Shine Spray, except I like the bottle on that one better.

From the site linked to above:

Features
  • Professional Styling Iron with Ceramic TOURMALINE technology, plate width 1''
  • Produces a dark red color when it reaches the maximum temperature in less than 30 seconds
  • Ultra powerful Korean Ceramic Heaters that provides precise and stable temperatures
  • Tourmaline ceramic plates and multi-layer ceramic heating elements
  • X-Heat generates negative ions to retain hair moisture and reduce frizz
  • Far-infrared heat styles faster and softens hair
  • Heats up in seconds
  • Variable heat settings from 140 to 450 F
  • Ergonomic design to straighten, flip or curl hair with a twist of the wrist
  • For all hair types
  • Creates a shiny, smooth finish
  • Professional 360 degree swivel cord to prevent tangling
  • AC 110V 60Hz for use in USA/Canada
  • One year limited warranty


























I've only used it once, but I liked the results.  I thought about doing a video (I'm turning into a real blogger now, wow) but I only would if someone seemed interested.

PS Four years and eight months today for Patrick and I! Five years is coming up fast. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment