24 February 2012

fiber/glitter.

I went out to Walmart to grab some thing before my Ottawa trip and I couldn't pass the cosmetics section without taking a look. There I found several new mascaras from various drugstore brands and decided I would pick one out to try. I did a toss up between Maybelline Illegal Length with Fiber Extensions and Revlon Photoready 3D Volume and went with the Illegal Length. It's my first "fiber" mascara and I heard horror stories about getting fibers in eyes and whatnot, but I decided to risk it. 




I like the packaging and brush. The lid twists a lot and actually clicks when it's closed, so you know it's not going to open in your purse or anything. The brush has all these little bristles poking every which way, which I'm pretty sure is to help with lengthening and coverage. I found that it covered everything; even the outermost lashes. 
I don't have a single complaint about the lash fibers. I think they're helpful for lengthening and I want to try more mascaras like this one. 

And of course I looked at nail polish.. it's my weakness. I found Revlon "Whimsical" sitting on a shelf beside Blue Lagoon, completely out of their regular place. It was like somebody else had the idea to buy them together to layer, but changed their mind and dumped them off where they were. I thought about getting Blue Lagoon, too, but I remembered all the complaints about the formula and passed. I put two coats of Whimsical over Sally Hansen Complete Salon "Shell We Dance?"and liked the way it looked. I tried to use Whimsical on its own, but I didn't like it at all. It needs SOMETHING else to it, in my opinion. 


























I'm a big fan of all the hex glitters that have popped up in the past few months. I almost have all of the Revlon ones except Blue Mosaic. I'm still kicking myself for not buying it when I first saw it.

I think I'm going to go buy more nail polish I don't need tomorrow. Yeeaah.

No comments:

Post a Comment