15 October 2011

This week's favourites

I am a LUCKY girl in the respect that I have never, ever spent a dime on a fragrance. I always ask for them for Christmas or have them given to me. I also don't tend to gravitate towards anything in particular.. it's very rare for me to want a perfume or something. But my fragrance lust the past six months or so has been Aquolina's Pink Sugar. I went to pick up my friend once last semester and she smelled so lovely.. I was incredibly jealous and wanted it for myself! I'm always tentative to ask what other people are wearing, too, because I feel like I'm stealing their signature scent if I buy the same thing. Anyways, I kept it in the back of my mind that I would eventually someday buy Pink Sugar for myself.

Then I went home this past weekend and the same friend GAVE me her 100mL bottle of Pink Sugar. She said she wore it maybe two other times since she wore it when she saw me and just didn't like it as much as other fragrances she had. This bottle (3.4 oz, 100mL) is about $60 new at Sephora.


Notes: Bergamot, Sicilian Orange, Raspberry, Fig Leaves, Lily of the Valley, Licorice, Strawberry, Red Fruit, Cotton Candy, Vanilla, Caramel, Musk, Wood, Powder.

I would not recommend this if you don't like overpoweringly sweet scents. It actually does smell like cotton candy and vanilla. I read some reviews of Pink Sugar and a lot of people said it reminded them of something cheap for children because it smells so much like candy. I really like sweet scents, but I can't stand scents that are too flowery or earthy or oceany (if that makes sense).

The next thing I overused really enjoyed this week was Avon's Marbleized Bronzer in Bronzed Peach. It's not incredibly pigmented, but for my fair skin, it really works. I used it every single day this week. I bought it randomly this summer, but I looked at it once and was like, "cool," and left it in the box and put it somewhere on a shelf. I picked it up again last weekend and I was like.. I own this? So yeah, used a lot for two reasons this week: it's new and new things are exciting, but mostly because it's super natural and light and it's not an awkward, overpowering bronzer for us pale folk. I hate looking unblended or orange or too brown or too shimmery.. I just think this is nice. I couldn't get it to photograph well actually on my face (the lighting in my apartment is super strange), so I hope this gives my non-existent readers you a good idea.



 So, that was my beauty week! My Sephora trip was, unfortunately, a failure. I kind of figured the same things they have online wouldn't necessarily be in every store location, but I couldn't find a single thing I wanted to buy. I knew it would be expensive, but I just couldn't justify anything. I think maybe someday I might splurge on a palette or a gift/box set with a BUNCH of products in it, but I don't think I will buy a single product full price in that store.

1 comment: